This slicing knife from the Shun Classic collection is designed especially to meet the challenges of slicing cured or smoked meats like ham and salmon. The flexibility of the long, narrow blade helps ensure smooth, precise slices. The hollow-ground indentations help prevent slices from sticking to the blade.
The high performance blade is made from AUS8A steel, which offers the flexibility needed to slice denser, drier meats. This high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel is hand-sharpened to a razor-sharp 16-degree cutting angle.
The addition of vanadium makes steel harder, tougher, and more easily sharpened to a finer edge. Vanadium also increases wear resistance, so the blade stays sharper longer.
The ebony PakkaWood handle is made from genuine hardwood and resin. The addition of resin makes the wood moisture-resistant, strong, and durable. The D-shape of the handle is designed to fit comfortably in your hand.
- 10-inch AUS8A steel blade with vanadium for toughness and wear resistance
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Ebony PakkaWood handle, with D-shape for comfortable fit
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Availability: In stock, usually ships within one business day