Make sure every kitchen task is covered with the Shun Kanso 6-Piece Block Set. This 8-slot tagayasan wood block comes with the Shun Kanso 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 5.5-inch Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife, 6-inch Utility Knife, 8-inch Chef's Knife, and Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel. The paring knife is an essential tool to handle smaller cutting tasks, such as peeling, coring, and pitting. The Santoku knife slices, dices, and minces, with a thinner blade than the chef's knife. The utility knife has a narrow, straight blade and sharp tip to handle detail work, along with slicing and chopping. The chef's knife is an all-purpose knife that can mince herbs, dice vegetables, and slice through thick rinds and large cuts of meat. The honing steel realigns knife blades between sharpenings. The block protects knife blades while safely storing cutlery, and the extra slots allow for expansion of your collection.
The high performance blades are made from AUS10A Japanese steel. This high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel is hand-sharpened to a razor-sharp 16-degree cutting angle. The addition of vanadium makes steel harder, tougher, and more easily sharpened to a finer edge. Vanadium also increases wear resistance, so the blade stays sharper longer. The rustic Heritage finish hides scratches and looks even better as it ages. The comfortable, contoured handles are made from tagayasan wood, which is dense, durable, and traditionally used in Samurai sword handles.
Kanso refers to a Japanese design principle meaning simplicity, and this line of cutlery simply performs. Each knife in the Shun Kanso collection boasts all of the essential features that make Shun a top choice of professional chefs.
- What's in the box: 3.5-inch paring knife, 5.5-inch hollow-ground Santoku knife, 6-inch utility knife, 8-inch chef's knife, 9-inch honing steel, and 8-slot wood block
- High-carbon, vanadium stainless steel blades
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Heritage finish blades hide scratches
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Tagayasan wood handles contoured for a comfortable grip
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Availability: In stock, usually ships within one business dayCollection: Kanso