Add these essential Asian-style knives to your cutlery collection with the Shun Premier 3-Piece Asian Set. It comes in a convenient storage box and includes the Shun Premier Nakiri, Kiritsuke, and 7-inch Santoku Knife. The nakiri is ideal for slicing and dicing vegetables, with a straight blade for making push cuts. The kiritsuke is suited for trimming and portioning meat and fish. The Santoku knife is an all-purpose knife for slicing, dicing, and mincing.
The high performance Damascus-clad blades are made from a VG-MAX steel core with 34 layers of steel on each side. The wavy pattern is formed as the blades are ground and bead-blasted from the spine to the razor-sharp edge, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree cutting angle. The blades are hand-hammered to create its distinctive look. The tsuchime finish results in hollow-ground cavities on the blade surface, which reduce drag and release food from the blade while cutting. VG-MAX stainless steel is proprietary to Shun. It includes a higher percentage of carbon for greater strength and durability. This alloy combines multiple other metals, including chromium, cobalt, vanadium, molybdenum and tungsten, to further improve wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and strength. Shun Premier knife blades are stronger, more durable, and stay sharper longer. The walnut PakkaWood handles are contoured to fit comfortably in your hand and finished with an embossed end cap. Resin is added to genuine hardwood to create moisture-resistant, strong, and durable PakkaWood.
The Shun Premier collection features a hand-hammered tsuchime finish that evokes the traditional look of ancient Japanese knives and swords. Each knife in the Shun Premier collection boasts all of the essential features that make Shun a top choice of professional chefs.
- What's in the box: 5.5-inch Nakiri, 7-inch Santoku knife, and 8-inch Kiritsuke
- Damascus-clad VG-MAX steel blades for strength and durability
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Hand-hammered tsuchime finish for distinctive look, reduced drag, and easy release of food while cutting
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Walnut PakkaWood handles, contoured for comfortable fit and finished with embossed end cap
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Availability: In Stock. Usually Arrives Within 2 to 4 Business Days