This Santoku knife from the Global SAI collection performs the three essential cutting tasks a Santoku is named for: slicing, dicing, and mincing. A Santoku has the same capabilities as a chef's knife, though the spine is thinner and the edge is flat with a blunt tip. Use your Santoku knife to slice meat and fish along with all types of vegetables.
The Global SAI collection was created by industrial designer Komin Yamada in honor of the Samurai sword making tradition. The blade is constructed from a CROMOVA 18 steel core, surrounded by layers of 18/8 stainless steel for added strength and stain-resistance. The blade is ice tempered and hardened for superior edge retention. The 12.5-degree cutting edge is mirror-polished by hand, with a convex edge that stays sharper longer. The blade is hand-hammered to create small hollows that form air pockets when cutting, so food falls away from the blade and does not stick. CROMOVA 18 stainless steel is proprietary to Global. It includes a higher percentage of carbon than Western knives for greater strength and durability. It also includes a higher percentage of chromium than Western knives for greater stain resistance. Vanadium offers durability and wear resistance, and molybdenum offers hardness and corrosion resistance. The ergonomic, stainless steel knife handle is filled with sand to ensure it is perfectly weighted and balanced. The handle features a thumb recess for a safe and secure grip, and seven dots to represent the seven virtues of the Samurai.
- 7.5-inch blade with CROMOVA 18 stainless steel core and 18/8 outer layers for strength and stain-resistance
- Ice tempered and hardened blade for superior edge retention
- Hand-hammered blade with small hollows to create air pockets for easy release of food while cutting
- Mirror-polished 12.5-degree convex cutting edge stays sharper longer
- Ergonomic, stainless steel handle filled with sand for perfect weight and balance
- Thumb recess on handle for safe and secure grip
- Signature seven dots on handle represent the seven virtues of the Samurai
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Availability: In stock, usually ships within one business day