Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to the western chef's knife, and the Kikuichi Elite Warikomi Damascus Tsuchime Gyuto Knife is an all-purpose knife designed in this style. The blade is thinner and narrower than a standard chef's knife. It is suitable for use with meat, fish, and vegetables.
Kikuichi bladesmithing began in the 13th century, creating Samurai swords for the Japanese emperor. Kikuichi has been making kitchen cutlery for 150 years, with the royal symbol of the chrysanthemum on all blades. This high performance Damascus-clad blade is made from a VG10 steel core with 17 layers of steel on each side. The blade is hand-hammered to create its distinctive look. The tsuchime finish results in hollow-ground cavities on the blade surface, which reduce drag and release food from the blade while cutting. The blade is sharpened to 60 Rockwell hardness for exceptional edge retention, and hand engraved with the Kikuichi chrysanthemum logo. The eco-wood handle is triple-riveted.
- Damascus-clad VG10 steel core with 17 layers on each side
- Hand-hammered tsuchime finish for distinctive look, reduced drag, and easy release of food while cutting
- Stainless steel outer layers for ease of maintenance
- 60 Rockwell hardness for exceptional edge retention
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Availability: In Stock. Usually Arrives Within 2 to 4 Business Days