Whether you are a skilled home cook or a professional chef, the Shun Premier 8-Piece Professional Block Set provides the right cutlery. This 11-slot bamboo block comes with the Shun Premier 4-inch Paring Knife, 5.5-inch Santoku Knife, 6.5-inch Utility Knife, 8-inch Chef's Knife, 9-inch Bread Knife, and 9.5-inch Slicing Knife. The Shun Premier Combination Honing Steel is also included.
The paring knife is an essential tool to handle smaller cutting tasks, such as peeling, coring, and pitting. The Santoku knife slices, dices, and minces, with a thinner blade than the chef's knife. The utility knife has a narrow, straight blade and sharp tip to handle detail work, along with slicing and chopping. The chef's knife is an all-purpose knife that can mince herbs, dice vegetables, and slice through thick rinds and large cuts of meat. The bread knife slices through crust without compressing the loaf. Use the slicing knife to carve and slice large cuts of meat and whole poultry. The honing steel realigns knife blades between sharpenings. The block protects knife blades while safely storing cutlery, and the extra slots allow for expansion of your collection.
The high performance Damascus-clad blades are made from a VG-MAX steel core with 34 layers of steel on each side. The wavy pattern is formed as the blades are ground and bead-blasted from the spine to the razor-sharp edge, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree cutting angle. The blades are hand-hammered to create its distinctive look. The tsuchime finish results in hollow-ground cavities on the blade surface, which reduce drag and release food from the blade while cutting. VG-MAX stainless steel is proprietary to Shun. It includes a higher percentage of carbon for greater strength and durability. This alloy combines multiple other metals, including chromium, cobalt, vanadium, molybdenum and tungsten, to further improve wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and strength. Shun Premier knife blades are stronger, more durable, and stay sharper longer. The walnut PakkaWood handles are contoured to fit comfortably in your hand and finished with an embossed end cap. Resin is added to genuine hardwood to create moisture-resistant, strong, and durable PakkaWood.
- What's in the box: 11-slot bamboo block, 4-inch paring knife, 5.5-inch Santoku knife, 6.5-inch utility knife, 8-inch chef's knife, 9-inch bread knife, 9.5-inch slicing knife, and honing steel
- Damascus-clad VG-MAX steel blades for strength and durability
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Hand-hammered tsuchime finish for distinctive look, reduced drag, and easy release of food while cutting
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Walnut PakkaWood handles, contoured for comfortable fit and finished with embossed end cap
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Availability: In Stock. Usually Arrives Within 2 to 4 Business Days