The Shun Kanso 3-Piece Build-a-Block Set offers both space and inspiration to start your Shun Kanso cutlery collection. This 6-slot slimline bamboo block comes with the Shun Kanso 8-inch Chef's Knife and Shun Honing Steel. The chef's knife is an all-purpose knife that can mince herbs, dice vegetables, and slice through thick rinds and large cuts of meat. The honing steel realigns knife blades between sharpenings. Extra slots allow for expansion of your collection, including space for kitchen shears.
The high performance blade is made from AUS10A Japanese steel. This high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel is hand-sharpened to a razor-sharp 16-degree cutting angle. The addition of vanadium makes steel harder, tougher, and more easily sharpened to a finer edge. Vanadium also increases wear resistance, so the blade stays sharper longer. The rustic Heritage finish hides scratches and looks even better as it ages. The comfortable, contoured handle is made from tagayasan wood, which is dense, durable, and traditionally used in Samurai sword handles.
Kanso refers to a Japanese design principle meaning simplicity, and this line of cutlery simply performs. Each knife in the Shun Kanso collection boasts all of the essential features that make Shun a top choice of professional chefs.
- What's in the box: 8-inch chef's knife, 9-inch honing steel, and 6-slot slimline bamboo block
- High-carbon, vanadium stainless steel blade
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Tagayasan wood handle contoured for a comfortable grip
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
Be the first to
Leave a Review